Wednesday 1 May 2013

Digital Humanities is the New Black.


Welcome to my new blog. The title reflects a sense that digital humanities is becoming - dare I say it - trendy. At  the very least, it is no longer marginalised. I've been working in digital humanities (as we now know it: it used to be called "humanities computing", before that it was "computers and texts" or "computing in history") for about 20 years, and I've been fascinated at the way in which digital humanities has been adopted by the mainstream humanities research community. The Wordle that I have used here was one I put together from the text of all the 'digital humanities' job adverts that were announced last year, to give an idea of what a big tent this is.


More anon. We live in exciting times. Although I personally have never been involved in anything trendy in my life, so I find this all a bit weird....


No comments:

Post a Comment